[mythtv-users] FC2 and IvyTV Problems and Questions

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Sep 16 03:16:17 EDT 2004

On Sep 15, 2004, at 7:03 AM, jon e wishbone wrote:

> I decided to stick with FC2 as I was able to get ivtv working. But I'm
> still at the point where Live TV doesn't work. I get a black screen
> that hangs and this is in the mythfrontend error log ( I started it
> using this command :
> mythfrontend -v all -l /var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log )
>
> ---------- Begin Log Output -------------

[snip]

> Remote encoder not responding.

That indicates it is trying to connect to a card on a different
machine...

> The last four lines repeat until I kill mythfrontend from the command
> line. I can cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test.mpg and then play the result
> in mplayer.

...but it sounds like the card is local.

> So, other than upgrading to FC2 and myth 0.16, I'm right
> where I was the previous 5 times I tried. This is getting maddening.
> I've checked the database and the settings seem to be in order. What's
> missing? If I need to provide more info, let me know and I'll get it
> for you ASAP.

I'm thinking you need to go into the setup util and set both your host
and master server IP address settings to 127.0.0.1.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...