[mythtv-users] Automatic Commercial Detection - how to get it towork for all shows?

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Wed Sep 15 17:54:52 EDT 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Phil Bridges wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, are you having more problems with it not
> detecting commercials, or detecting commercials that aren't there?
> I've come to realize that some of the shows I record (the Law & Orders,
> for example), often skip what it thinks are commercials but aren't.  I
> have to turn off commercial skip when I watch these.  I'm pretty sure I
> use blank frame detection.

A combination of both - the most annoying case is where I hit the skip
button and it skips to the next set of commercials (after a 7 minute
segment of the show.) I don't have automatic commercial skipping set up;
I've just got buttons on my remote set to do it. Law & Order is one of the
big problem shows for me - they blank the screen on a regular basis for
scene changes.