[mythtv-users] What's changed in MythVideo / MPlayer?

Phil Bridges phil at gravityhammer.com
Wed Sep 15 09:08:47 EDT 2004

After upgrading to MythTV 0.16 (using Axel's RPMs), I suddenly have no AC3
content in my AC3-encoded AVIs.  Everything is mixed back down to
two-channel stereo.

My mplayer config file reads (thanks, Jarod):
# run full-screen
fs=yes
# zoom image to fill the screen
zoom=yes
# disable mplayer's usual verbosity
really-quiet=yes
# use XVideo for video output
vo=xv
# don't enable joystick
nojoystick=yes
# use alsa for audio out, through spdif
ao=alsa1x:spdif
# if ac3 audio, send raw stream to my amp, else fall back
ac=hwac3,

Looking at the verbose mode, it seems to think that there's no AC3 audio
in the file, after finding it in the stream.  I can post parts of the
verbose output this evening if that would be helpful.

Any suggestions?