[mythtv-users] myth tv on windows or equivalent open source prog?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 08:29:53 EDT 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:41:06 +1000, Hamish Moffatt <hamish at cloud.net.au> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 11:55:32PM -0400, Félix-Antoine Marchildon wrote:
> > I'm incredibly suprised with the power of mythtv but I need to run a pvr
> > software on a windows xp machine too.
>
> Why?
>
> Hamish
> --
> Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <hamish at debian.org> <hamish at cloud.net.au>

I don't think the reason is the issue here... perhaps he doesn't have
the money... or the harddrive space to dual boot...or the ability to
modify his current setup...

Any of a million reasons would be sufficient.

I, for one, will just answer his proposition.

I would still suggest trying to run MythTV on cygwin (www.cygwin.com)
which would involve a compile from source.  This, of course, will
require a bit of work...and you may need to patch some files.... but
perhaps myth could become cygwin compatible (if it's not already)

--
Got a question? http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html