[mythtv-users] Sort of OT, but about the Chaintech 7NIF2

David Levine curiouskangaroo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 22:13:16 EDT 2004

This is sort of off-topic, since it isn't directly about MythTV.
However, it is about hardware that I purchased for MythTV, and from
what I understand it is very popular among MythTV users.

I bought a Chaintech 7NIF2 motherboard, which arrived today.  Every
photo I've seen of it (including in its own manual) shows a north
bridge cooling fan.  Mine doesn't have such a fan - instead it has a
very tall heatsink on top of it.  Is this a known variation of the
motherboard?  Before I even start to use it, I want to make sure I got
the right one!  (The box was not sealed, so I suppose its entirely
possible that the wrong motherboard was in the box).  Is there a
quick-and-easy way to positively identify the motherboard without
hooking it up? (can't hook it up because half of my components,
including the CPU, have not yet arrived)

Thanks,
David