[mythtv-users] Pundit noise with fast processor?

Maarten mythtv at ultratux.org
Tue Sep 14 12:07:45 EDT 2004

On Monday 13 September 2004 21:21, Lane Schwartz wrote:
> I'm looking for feedback from people with the Asus Pundit and processors
> 2.4 GHz and faster.
>
> At this point it looks like I'm going to get an Asus Pundit; so, the next
> question is processor. In looking through the list and the hardware
> database at http://pvrhw.goldfish.org, it seems that people are using 1.7
> GHz Celerons through 2.4 GHz P4s.

Well, according to a fairly recent report on Tom's Hardware comparing
barebones, an Asus Pundit ISN'T silent, no matter what CPU you put into it.
Sorry I don't have the URL handy, but I'm sure you can find it easily.
In the testfield of 16 or so barebones, the Pundit came in third-last when it
came to noise levels.  Check the story, think, reconsider, whatever...

Maarten