[mythtv-users] OSD fonts on a new machine

Preston Crow pc-mythtv04 at crowcastle.net
Tue Sep 14 10:20:52 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 16:02, Chris Wall wrote:
> I had a hard drive die the otherday, so I rebuilt my MythTV box with
> 0.16 (on Gentoo, xorg 6.8.0, kde 3.3.0) and now the OSD fonts are rather
> hard to read (broken and jagged, and the background to the OSD is
> spotty?).  I have another frontend (connected to the new backend) that
> will display the fonts great, and the only difference I can find is that
> the seperate frontend is running xfs for the fonts.  Could this be the
> problems with the OSD on the backend/frontend box?  I have searched
> through the mailing list and the install guide for some information on
> the differences between settings in the configurations sections of Mythtv.

I've seen the same thing on my box.  In my case, it was simply from
upgrading from 0.15.1 to 0.16.  The OSD is grey because I have XvMC
turned on.  Also, while the OSD is on, I'm sometimes getting a
stuttering playback (that's normal on my AMD 2500+ with HDTV scaled down
to 640x480, but now I sometimes see it with regular TV).

--PC