[mythtv-users] Best way to backup / (Root)

Verteiler verteiler at juro.at
Tue Sep 14 04:25:59 EDT 2004

If you want a 1to1 copy (with all the partitions) you will have to boot
up from cdrom (knoppix) and use the dd command (otherwise you will not
copy the mbr.
If you want to copy only the content, then create a partition and use
"cp -R" ... remember that this ist not a 1to1 copy (you will not be able
to boot off of this partition.

-- Verteiler.