[mythtv-users] Small print on TV

Ian Armstrong mail01 at iarmst.co.uk
Tue Sep 14 04:10:18 EDT 2004

On Monday 13 Sep 2004 22:32, Shaun Jackman wrote:

> I set Setup -> Appearance -> Font Size to big, but it did not help.
> The TV text remains small. For example, the text "Images" of
> mythgallery is as wide as the icon on the flat-panel display, but only
> half as wide on my TV. The default option of Font Size says "TV,
> small: monitor, big". How does Myth know when it's running on a TV,
> and when it's running on a monitor?

All I did was 'lie' about the display size in X. In xorg.conf (or XF86Config)
find the "Monitor" section for the TV and change (or add) the DisplaySize.
I use a 28" Widescreen, but I used DisplaySize 300 170 which makes the fonts
larger & sets the correct aspect ratio. (300 169 should be better for 16:9,
but it's worse). For a 4:3 display, try something like DisplaySize 226 170
The smaller the numbers, the larger the text.

The advantage is that this will only change the font size on the one display.

--
Ian