[mythtv-users] OSD fonts on a new machine

Chris Wall chris.wall at cbrworld.com
Tue Sep 14 00:20:50 EDT 2004

Chris Wall wrote:

> I had a hard drive die the otherday, so I rebuilt my MythTV box with
> 0.16 (on Gentoo, xorg 6.8.0, kde 3.3.0) and now the OSD fonts are
> rather hard to read (broken and jagged, and the background to the OSD
> is spotty?).  I have another frontend (connected to the new backend)
> that will display the fonts great, and the only difference I can find
> is that the seperate frontend is running xfs for the fonts.  Could
> this be the problems with the OSD on the backend/frontend box?  I have
> searched through the mailing list and the install guide for some
> information on the differences between settings in the configurations
> sections of Mythtv.
> Thanks,
> Chris
>
> .

Let me ask this a different way - having two different frontends
(installed fonts are the same on both), the OSD displays great on one
but not on the other.  When I bring up the menu or the channel
infomation on one the channel number and display are almost unreadable
the other displays the channel number and show information great.  Could
someone point me in a direction to start tracking this down?
thanks,
Chris