[mythtv-users] Config problem with MythWeb or Apache perhaps???

Nowhere nowhere at cox.net
Mon Sep 13 16:36:35 EDT 2004

> > On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:20:03 -0700, Nowhere wrote:
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > A while back everything was running fine, I have a wireless router
> > > and have port forwarding turned on for TCP port 4080 forwarded to
> > > private IP on port 80 running mythweb. Now the same config does
not
> > > work. I can access the http:///xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:4080/ which
displays
> > > the Fedora Core/Apache splash but
> > > http:///xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:4080/mythweb does not come up anymore. Old
> > > system was vanilla install of the 0.14 version and Fedora core
> > > version of Feb time frame. I am now running a apt-get updated
> > > distro from a couple weeks ago and the latest CVS of myth.
> > >
> > > I suppose I should point out that I can connect to
> > > http:///xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:4080/cgi-bin/sensord.cgi and it works...
So
> > > sounds like something in mythweb.
> > >
> > > I have modified httpd.conf to require a username and passwd for
the
> > > mythweb dir but again this used to work fine and it does work from
> > > within the LAN.
> > >
> > > Any clues?
> > > Thanks!
> > > Eric

Hi I have a new piece of info. I recently updated my sensord setup to
monitor temperature through the web and I am able to access this
cgi-bin/sensord.cgi script through the web.

As soon as I added the following to the httpd.conf file, I am no longer
able to access throught the internet (only internally).

<Directory /var/www/cgi-bin>
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Restricted Files"
    AuthUserFile /var/www/passwd/passwords
    Require user xxxxxxxx
</Directory>

where xxxxxxx is my username..

The symptom is that the web browser never asks for name/passwd and never
times out.

Again this problem only cropped up after a dist-upgrade (didn't pay
attention to see if apache was upgraded).

This help anyone help me?

Thanks!
Eric

My MythBox:
Athlon XP 2000+, MSI K7N2GM-L, 512MB Kbyte, 80GB Seagate Single Platter,
2xPVR250 Coolmax CX300B Silent PSU, Coolermaster ATC-610BX1 Case, Fedora
Core 1, 2.4.22-1.2179 kernel, ivtv-0.1.9, myth 0.15.20040505.1