[mythtv-users] Re: Problem with nuvexport

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu+mythtv-users at beirdo.ca
Mon Sep 13 16:05:26 EDT 2004

Mike Ryan <mythtv at redmar.com> wrote:
> When I use nuvexport from mythtv, I find that the resulting wmv or avi file
> (from Windows Media and DivX respectively) works ok buit with some audio
> syncing issues. Also, although I am able to view the file, I can't jump
> forwards - is there a better way of me exporting programs from Myth to divx or
> am I just doing this wrong??

Well, I've never tried to use WMV or DivX exporting, but I do know that from
NUV to many of those things will at times have problems with sync.  Nuvexport
is currently in a large overhaul, so I wouldn't expect it to get fixed in the
near future.  Once the core of it is redone, all of the exporters will be
looked at and hopefully fixed.

In the mean time, the SVCD and VCD exporters are more maintained, so you'll
likely get better results with those.

Sorry I can't be more helpful than that right now. :)

Ciao
Gavin