[mythtv-users] Re: Why and Why NOT FC2?

Steve Frank steve.frank at bevcore.com
Mon Sep 13 14:54:54 EDT 2004

One concern is the announced end of life for FC1.  Colin Charles has
released a PDF on what's new in FC3
(http://www.bytebot.net/talks/FC3-t2rawhide-whatsnew.pdf), and it
appears that when the FC3 Test 2 is out, FC1 updates will cease.  This
was supposed to be today, but it looks like it got pushed back a week.

I'm sure Axel will continue on making RPMS for FC1, for a while, but how
long. Axel?  Community made support for FC1 is done through
http://www.fedoralegacy.org/, where the core Fedora development stops
caring and leaves it up to the rest of us.

Disclaimer: I'm not totally into following all of this, I read what I
can to get the job done so I might be a little less knowledgable here to
form a good opinion.

Aside, I'm using FC1 and I'm not breaking it. :-)

Steve