[mythtv-users] mythtvburndvd script feature request

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Mon Sep 13 12:32:50 EDT 2004

I love the mythtvburndvd script / web interface. I have one request /
question. Is there any easy way to have an option that would take the
total of the selected nuv files and figure out how much to compress /
change bitrate on them to get them all to fit on a dvd? I am trying to
find an easy way to archive shows on a DVD that can be viewed via a DVD
player. This script is great but I can only get about three hour shows
or one two hour show on one DVD. I don't know if anyone has seen
dvdxcopy for windows but it will read a dvd and figure out how much to
recompress the video to fit it on a single sided dvd to burn. This
feature would be greatly appreciated if it could be added to the
existing mythburndvd web script.

- James