[mythtv-users] idx and sub subtitles

MB atlan2 at gmx.de
Mon Sep 13 09:20:29 EDT 2004

Hi!
I have a little problem with mythvideo. I want to watch a avi file that
   has subtitles in an .idx and .sub file.
Now, I didn't find any options in the configuration to autoload those
files if they are in the same folder than the avi file. I think the only
way to play the subtitles in the current mythvideo is the command for
the player software.

In the Manpages of mplayer are the options -vobsub file.sub -vobsubid
file.idx, so it should work, but how can I tell mplayer the name of the
2 files?
Is there a variable for the filename WITHOUT the ending? ( The only
variable in my current command for mplayer is %s, so I suppose this is
the video filename)

Thanks
Matthias