[mythtv-users] MythTv without recording support ?

Jason Rennie jwrennie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 06:59:21 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Hopefully this is not an incredibly dumb question, but is mythTV
useful without recording support ?

I have an ATI radeon card (9600) with tv/out and I notice the capture
drivers seem to be non-existent at this time. But MythTV looks like an
excellent application to replace my current setup that uses WindowsXP
+ winamp + powerDVD to play video files and DVD on the TV. Especially
interesting are Mythweather and news.

But is myth going to work if I don't want recording support ?

I'm guessing yes, but before I start trashing my current setup I would
at least like to make sure I am not wasting my time.

Jason