[mythtv-users] Why and Why NOT FC2?

Darryl Wisneski myth at skicentral.tv
Mon Sep 13 03:27:01 EDT 2004

Howdy:

I look forward to using Fedora Core 2 so I can take advantage of the
multimedia improvements that you get in the 2.6 kernel (& stuff).  I
understand that FC2 uses 2.6 by default.  Some of the newer drivers
necessary for latest revisions on chipsets of the raw tv capture cards
(no compression) are in the 2.6.  Anybody care to comment on specific
cards & chipsets?

Regards,
-dkw

Prash wrote:

> This question has been asked before.  As Jarod said "If it ain't broke,
> don't fix it".

Age old wisdom.