[mythtv-users] Remote advice

1canuck2 1canuck2 at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 13 00:59:15 EDT 2004

Joe,

Thanks for the reply. That kicks ass! As with the 6131, the direct entry of
EFC codes method is not mentioned in the manual. Thus, I was over thinking a
solution to the problem, assuming that I could not directly enter EFC codes.
However, following the same technique (the sneaky second tap of the set key
after entering 994) I *AM* able to enter them!

Your confusion is understood, as I had a hard time composing the email as it
is. Basically, I did not know how to program EFCs, but now I do thanks to
your help.

This remote is the key to getting acceptance of MythTV with my wife, as she
is already frustrated by the number of remotes we have. Now we need one and
it only cost $25 Canadian. Its a pretty nice remote if anyone is looking for
a cheap universal remote.

Hmm, after playing with your instructions for a while, I cannot seem to get
Replay and Skip to work, and I can't find Exit. Every other key appears to
be fine. Strangely, if I do an "irw" and press the keys I want for
skip/replay, it shows up as skip/replay, yet when I'm in myth, it doesn't do
what I want (jump 2minutes forward or back). It did this with the Hauppage
remote. To confirm, I switched lirc back to the Happauge and the jump
buttons work. If I "irw" the hauppage, those buttons show up as replay and
skip, so I would have thought I'd get the same action if I program the
OneForAll to do replay/skip, but it doesn't work. Am I missing something
here? Also, how do you program Exit?

Thanks for the heads-up.

Robin