[mythtv-users] Jarod's guide: Installing for the first time

Nate Thompson natet at buckeye-express.com
Sun Sep 12 17:39:19 EDT 2004

I ended up having to update the kernel to the latest version
2.6.8-something), and then enable at-testing in the short sources.list file.
After that I was able to apt-get install medley-package-config and continue
with the installation.

Note that you probably don't have to update the kernel at this point, but I
couldn't find nvidia drivers against the stock kernel so I updated to the
version Jarod metions in his guide. There are instructions on how to update
the kernel in the last section of the guide, or you can download the rpm
from the Fedora website and install it with 'rpm -Fvh <rpm name>'.

Just got everything up and running on FC2 following this guide. If you have
any more questions, post them here and I'll try to help.

Nate