[mythtv-users] UK Radio Times grabber looks like it's dead

David myth at dgreaves.com
Sat Sep 11 07:26:57 EDT 2004

Damien Tanner wrote:

>What kind of stuff does bleb miss out? I've been using it for a few
>weeks with no problems.....

Oh, it's a good feed :)

The problems are:
* limited channels (eg Plus, Discoverys, Hallmark, no '+1' channels)
* no categories (minor)
* only 7 days (not 14 as per _rt)
* resilience (I abandonded it when it went down for a week and I got no
response from Andrew)

I've proposed a solution to the _rt problem on the xmltv-devel lists
(similar to that discussed here a while back). I think contacting Andrew
and seeing if there's anything we can do to address the above points is
a very worthwhile thing. I'd rather rely on a feed that's more of a
group effort and 'open' (at the moment if Andrew packs it in then no-one
could take over).

If anyone is interested in helping develop a solution then pop over to
xmltv-devel and lets see what we can do.

David