[mythtv-users] Potential Tivo/NetFlix deal for VoD

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Sep 10 13:30:41 EDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 03:36:57PM -0700, me at johnwesleythomas.com wrote:
> I just caught this little news bite while doing my daily search for news
> on the politcal campaigns.  It seems kind of interesting even though it
> mentions a few hiccups dealing with Hollywood.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5nfva

[meta] One suggestion: tinyurl's aren't optimal for mailing lists which
will be archived, because a) it's not at all unreasonable to assume
that the list archives (and their usefulness) will outlast tinyurl.com,
and b) you can't tell where you're going until you get there (I, at
least, like to make judgement calls about what to read and when based
on the reputation of the sites).

If their URL is long and miserable (and I know some are), then tinyurl
does provide a useful service, but including the original URL as well
might be nice.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi