[mythtv-users] Possible a dumb cross compile question

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 11:29:22 EDT 2004

First, make sure the processors have something in common (i.e. don't
run a SPARC backend with a 286 front end or something like that).
I am going to assume they're both Intel/AMD.
If the packages are all compiled for the lowest common instruction
set, you shouldn't have a problem.  It would be safest to compile for
i386 instructions (unless of course your front end is a 286 or
lower.... then shoot yourself).

You're going to have to look into how to do this, as I don't have the
time to explain... seeing as you're unsure about this question yet
you're compiling things, I'm assuming you're on Gentoo... there should
be a architecture setting in make.conf (is that right?) switch it from
your proc to 386 (check the documentation).

Let me know what happens 8)