[mythtv-users] MythTV on a Via Epia M10000, how?

Christoffer Kjølbæk christoffer at kjoelbaek.dk
Fri Sep 10 08:51:38 EDT 2004

fre, 2004-09-10 kl. 11:51 skrev anders smith:
> Sounds like the card works, but haven't found a channel, have you tried the
> ivtv apps?
> It's ben awhile but I think there is a perl app to tune (tune.pl I guess)
> the channels easily to make sure everything works.....
As far as I can see, the card works ok, but mythtv don't give the card
an frequency.

When I whatch TV, and change channel, mythbackend gives me this error:
2004-09-10 14:45:30 Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
Channel: '' was not found in the database.
Most likely, the default channel set for this input
(1 Tuner 0 )
in setup is wrong

2004-09-10 14:45:35 CheckChannel failed. Please verify channel "69" in
the "setup" Channel Editor.

A lot of these
2004-09-10 14:45:35 Error, couldn't find any available channels.
2004-09-10 14:45:35 Your database is most likely setup incorrectly.
2004-09-10 14:45:41 Changing from WatchingLiveTV to None

When I then type test_ioctl -d /dev/video3 -a, the frequency isn't set,
it is just 0. So I think, that the problem is, that I can't find out how
to configure mythtv.

From my cabletv I have a list of channel, ex. CNN has channel K57 and
frequency 759.25. In mythsetup under Channel editor I type K57 in th
Frequency ID (tried C instead of K too). Isn't that right?

regards
Christoffer