[mythtv-users] Timeslot scheduling bug?

1canuck2 1canuck2 at sympatico.ca
Fri Sep 10 01:37:40 EDT 2004

Hmm, I certainly wouldn't call this a bug, as I am sure its functioning as
intended, but its certainly a limitation that could be considered a valid
ehancement request.

I certainly do not agree with this part:
> (record ONLY in the timeslot I've designated), however it seems to me that
> the desired behavior is for myth to use the timeslot information only to
> determine *which* episide you want to record ("ah, OK, the 9 PM showing is
> episide "The Pilot", so that's the episode I should record, regardless of
> the timeslot).

If you say always record this show in this timeslot on this channel then
that is what it should do (and is indeed what it does).

However, I have noticed that the limitation you describe is broader than
this. I mostly tell Myth to record a show whenever it is shown on any
channel. For example, That 70's Show, which is shown on at least 4 different
channels. Myth did not record another show I had specified because it
conflicted with an episode of That 70s Show, yet the episode of That 70s
Show it was recording was shown on a different channel at a different time
with no conflict. Given that I permissed Myth to record this show anytime
anywhere, I would think this is the appropriate time to use a conflict
resolution algorithm that would solve the problem. At its simplest, it could
use the following logic:

If timeslot conflict exists, go look for the same episode elsewhere.
If no conflict in other timeslot
Record show there

Robin