[mythtv-users] MythTV on a Via Epia M10000, how?

Christoffer Kjølbæk christoffer at kjoelbaek.dk
Thu Sep 9 20:56:01 EDT 2004

fre, 2004-09-03 kl. 20:35 skrev Anthony Fremont:
> Christoffer Kjølbæk wrote:
> >> Hi Anthony
> >>
> >> Thanks for a long answer. I will try a Gentoo install again, and see
> >> how that goes. Again, thanks for all the input.
>
> Yeah, I tend to get long winded like that at times.  ;-)  I haven't had much
> time to mess with my system the past couple of days, but I should make some
> progress by this weekend.
>
> I had some trouble with lirc using the modules provided with the kernel, but
> upgraded to a new lirc package fixed everything.  Seems that the hauppauge
> lirc module (lirc_i2c) is broken in the released kernel (2.6.7-epia1).  The
> tv card is working pretty well now, so I decided to upgrade to the latest
> myth cvs code.  That forced me to upgrade my master backend as well.  :-(
I have messed around with my system for about a week now, and finally,
everything seems to work, except for the TV-tuner. All I get is snow. I
don't know if it is tv-tuner or my settings of it.

I've like said on epia-wiki.org, about installing the card. In
mythsetup, under Channel editor, I have used frequency like c10 and s14,
isn't that right?

> I found an e-build for a late version of myth at:
> http://cpan.cybercomm.nl/pub/gentoo-portage/media-tv/mythfrontend/mythfrontend-0.15.1.ebuild
> I haven't tried using it, but I thought it might help you out.  I discovered
> it quite by accident when looking for something else.  Let me know how it
> goes.
I used this one, and it went well