[mythtv-users] [OT] HTPC Configuration for first MythTV box

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 17:45:26 EDT 2004

At 21:05 09/09/2004, you wrote:
>Stephen -
>
>   This is about as good of a response as I've seen regarding these topics...
>You should consider adding them to the Wiki where appropriate. Even though I
>wasn't the one who asked the questions, your advice and feedback is very
>appreciated by everyone...
>
>cheers,
>-Ben

Thanks for the kind comments Ben!

I've been meaning to get down to doing some proper documentation for a
while now (my Gentoo/MythTV/ivtv howto is still 90% finished after god
knows how many months ;) but I've been really busy at work (I've finally
managed to convince my boss that good file servers are a good thing and not
a frivolous toy, and proved it by trebling our throughput at minimal cost,
and he now wants millions of the things, as well as IPSec VPN's and rsync
cron jobs, and as the only Linux bod in the company I've been a bit snowed
under) and have had very little time to write anything, let alone do any
normal stuff like eating or drinking. My mythbox has definitely proved its
worth though!

Anyway, data is now being copied onto the shiny new RAID array, only 400GB
more to go, so I should have myself a bit more free time now, as well as a
damned pay rise and a holiday I hope. I'll delve into the wiki in a day or
two.