[mythtv-users] add a recording entry via the command line?

jds jds-myth at losdos.dyndns.org
Wed Sep 8 21:50:46 EDT 2004

i have a channel which does not have corresponding guide information.
hence i have to sit down in front of my TV and use the manual schedule
screen to set up a recording on this channel.  i would like to be able
to schedule a manual recording remotely, via ssh and/or mythweb.

i see two approaches, perhaps there are others:
1) use ssh to add a "show" (e.g., via a small script), then use mythweb
   to add that show to the recording queue.
2) use ssh alone to add a manual recording entry, again via a shell.

can someone give me some pointers/example shell/example SQL/etc to do
one of the above, or perhaps make an alternative suggestion?

ideally:
$ myth-vcr.sh
usage: myth-vcr.sh --chan=123 --date=12/25/2004 --time=1500 --len=120\
       --name="the holiday log show" [--recprio=99] [--recprof=default]

thanks for any ideas.
jds