[mythtv-users] System hard locks several times per day, usually when paused

Thread thread at threadbox.net
Wed Sep 8 20:21:21 EDT 2004

I have since tried using a Promise PCI IDE controller, but it hasn't
helped a bit. I have no exhausted all my options. Is there really
nothing left to do but get off this VIA chipset? (buy a new mobo)

Here's the stuff I forgot to mention in the first post. I'm on linux
2.6.8-gentoo-r3 and when it freezes up, mythbackend says:

2004-09-08 12:39:03 Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
2004-09-08 12:40:27 Found changes in the todo list.
2004-09-08 12:40:27 Scheduled 1 items in 0.066297 seconds.
error reading from: /dev/video0
read: Input/output error
Starting up as the master server.
2004-09-08 13:58:36 Channel::Open(): Can't open:
No such file or directory
2004-09-08 13:58:36 Channel::Open(): Can't open:
No such file or directory
Couldn't find input: Television on card
is defined, but isn't attached to a cardinput.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

See my IVTV forum post here:
http://www.shspvr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=31889