[mythtv-users] Mythmusic import?

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Wed Sep 8 17:46:34 EDT 2004

At 21:42 08/09/2004, you wrote:
>I googled and looked through the archives first assuming this has been
>asked before but didn't find an answer. I have a whole bunch of CDs
>already exported to MP3.
>
>Is it possible, and are there any instructions, on getting these into
>Mythmusic? I assume the mp3's would need to be converted to ogg's as a
>first step. Then somehow get them into Mythmusic.
>
>Is this possible? Any instructions anywhere?
>
>Thanks,
>James

?!?!?

So long as you have the requisite MP3 libraries, MythMusic plays back MP3's
just fine. Although vorbis' are superior ;)

I get my myth backend to ro mount an NFS share from my fileserver which
contains all 80GB of my music, about a third of which is MP3 (either
essential mixes offof P2P or tracks from www.bleep.com). The only problem
I've had is with some of my ogg's; unbeknownst to me, they were made with
ID3 tags instead of vorbis tags, which MythMusic can't seem to handle, so
lots of retagging/ripping will ensue :)