[mythtv-users] MPEG2 capture card withOUT tuner recommendations?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Sep 8 16:38:00 EDT 2004

On 09/08/2004 04:19 PM, Jon M wrote:

>In hindsight, I realize I don't actually need a tuner...and all I really
>need is a Linux/Mythtv supported mpeg2 video encoder/capture card.  Are
>there any out there that work will in linux and are cheaper than a
>PVR-250?

See the thread at:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/83028#83028
(primarily the posts at/below the referenced post).

As far as a capture card that doesn't include a tuner, you probably
won't find one.  Analog tuners add almost no cost to the card and make
them much easier to sell, so AFAIK, every capture card on the market has
one--even the sub $20 frame grabbers.

Mike