[mythtv-users] TV-Out with GeForce4 MX420 S-Video

Roger Leardi roger at rogernet.com
Wed Sep 8 14:54:28 EDT 2004

I'm running a GeForce4 MX440. I get the same rolling before X starts,
but once X is up it's fine.

my xorg.conf settings :

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "TV"
        ModelName    "Monitor Model"
        HorizSync    30 - 50
        VertRefresh  60
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Option     "ConnectedMonitor"           "TV"
        Option     "TVStandard"                 "NTSC-M"
        Option     "TVOutFormat"                "Copmosite"
        Identifier  "Card0"  VendorName  "nVidia Corporation"
        BoardName   "NV18 [GeForce4 MX 440SE AGP 8x]"
        BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Card0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth 16
        SubSection "Display"
                Modes   "640x480"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     16
        EndSubSection
EndSection

I also had issues w/ the S-Video only displaying black and white. even
with the TVOutFormat set to SVIDEO. I picked up a S-Video to Composite
adaptor at Radio Shack which fixed the problem.

Roger