[mythtv-users] Tuner card question

Prash prashk at staff.btltd.net
Wed Sep 8 07:08:02 EDT 2004

People,

I've been working with a PVR 350 for a while now and am intending to send
it off to a friend of mine down south. AFAIK there is no auto channel
scanning for PVR and my friend is computer illiterate and I can't trust
him to do a mythfilldatabase --manual and fill in all the channel details.

Is there any card I can use which simplifies the tv_grab_uk_rt and
mythfilldatabase which I think is not sophisticated at all - auto scanning
etc. If yes then please tell me how.

I want to script it so that he does not have have to do all the ugly work
and enjoy the remote.

Also if someone can let me know if I can use the hardware decoder if I'm
NOT using PVR350's tvout but using Pundit's TVOUT. The video acts a bit
jumpy if I don't use the hardware decoder.

Cheers
Prash