[mythtv-users] S-Video input garbled on new PVR-250?

Jon M jmX at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 8 04:03:06 EDT 2004

I have a brand new PVR-250, had to get the coax tuner working by doing
the "tuner=39" change..

Anyway, coax tuning works fine, and composite input works. But as soon
as I switched to S-VIDEO as my video source (coming from my digital
cable box), I got garbage. Its not black and white like I've seen
discussed, and in fact, I cant find any references to garbled svideo
inputs on an PVR-250 so maybe its just with new cards?

I've tried going through all 8 or 9 inputs, they were either black, or
garbled.

Thinking maybe the SVIDEO signal from my cable box was garbled, I pulled
it out of the input jack on the PVR-250 and plugged it into my
TV...signal was fine. SO....I'm assuming it some sort of driver issue or
possibly even a bad PVR-250 svideo converter? Any ideas?

Specs are P3-933, on knoppmyth 4.4, PVR-250 model 980, NTSC region.

Jon