[mythtv-users] what do you think?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 14:54:32 EDT 2004

Updates based on replies, let me know if there are new comments:

Chaintech 7NIF2 ($76 pricewatch)
Coolermaster ATC-620 ($75 pricegrabber)
GD-2500 4x DVD-ROM ($34 pricegrabber)
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250MCE ($71 pricegrabber)
Kingston HyperX 512MB PC2700 DDR DIMM Memory ($89 pricegrabber)
Athlon XP (Barton) 2600+ Processor OEM ($65 pricegrabber)
Seagate ST3200822A 200GB Hard Drive ($95 pricegrabber/pricewatch)

Total ($503)

Switched to the Chaintech board (it's great) which allowed me to
remove the Geforce from the list.  Case is now a Coolermaster with a
different look and feel.  Stepped the proc up from 2500 to 2600 (no
big deal) and switched the DDR to Kingston HyperX due to the quality
and included heatsink.