[mythtv-users] Required CPU and PVR250

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Tue Sep 7 12:10:19 EDT 2004

At 15:16 07/09/2004, you wrote:
>Just curious, if I am using a PVR-250, and only either recording or
>watching live TV or using a myth plugin (music, web, etc) what is a
>decent processor requirement?
>I ask this because, while buying a new proc isn't a problem, I have a
>P3 866 lying around and I'd like to use it for something.  Not a big
>issue, but just curious.  That box has 1024 SDRAM, P3 866MHz, and
>everything else besides the PVR-250 that would be needed (audigy, eth
>card, etc)

Pretty much any P3 is overkill just for TV, although speedy CPU's come in
handy for deinterlacing and MPEG4 playback. And if you want fullscreen
Goom, you'll want all the CPU and GFX card you can muster.

P.S. you might want to check out the spec list on the MythTV docs to save
yourself further, er, posts...
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-3.html#ss3.1 ;)