[mythtv-users] Re: No live tv video with PVR-250

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 7 00:00:59 EDT 2004

On 09/06/2004 09:01 PM, Andy Rabin wrote:

>Ok, so I figured out that I had just been a little dense in the
>problem below.  I had shut down the computer, and on logging back in,
>forgot to login as root before starting the backend.  Now I can
>actually get to watching tv, but my problem now is that all I get is
>snow on every channel.  I'm pretty sure this is a better problem for
>ivtv, but I've searched the archives for this list and the ivtv list,
>and can't find any possible solutions!!
>
>Can anyone please help me, or at least steer me in the right direction?

Either you a) have specified the wrong tuner, b) have an unsupported
tuner, or c) are using the wrong frequency table.  Post the messages
from dmesg or /var/log/messages that are output during loading ivtv and
the output (same location) from loading tveeprom on the IvyTV ML and one
of us will help you.

Mike