[mythtv-users] Compile problems on debian

Adam Egger 2004 at bdam.de
Mon Sep 6 16:19:29 EDT 2004

Hey,
I'm trying to compile mythtv from cvs on my debian unstable box. I always get the following errors:

In file included from manualschedule.cpp:18:
/usr/include/qt3/qdatetimeedit.h:69: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `AMPM' with no type
/usr/include/qt3/qdatetimeedit.h:70: error: Parse error
And then tons of parsing errors.

I've tried gcc-2.95, gcc-3.2 and gcc-3.4. They all show the same ISO C++ forbids... errors.
My libqt3-headers version is 3:3.3.3-4.

What else can I change to make it compile?

Adam

PS: What's the right way to get a installable deb file from the cvs sources? I've "cvs checkout" the newest source and also the sources from the 0.15.1 deb file and then patched the mythtv-0.15.1.diff file from Matt Zimmerman into the cvs sources. After this I've tried to dpgk-buildpackage -us -uc -rfakeroot -b to get a deb file but this step unfortunatelly fails. Is it ok?