[mythtv-users] 2.6.8.1 issues with mythtv?

Daniel Savard dsavard at cids.ca
Mon Sep 6 12:11:17 EDT 2004

Le lun 06/09/2004 à 10:15, john roberts a écrit :

> I decided to upgrade from 2.6.7 to 2.6.8.1 the other day and I ran into some issues.  Everything seems to compile/load/etc fine - but when you go to watch live tv I get either a blank screen or white blocks.
>
> I used the same .config file (with the 2.6.8.1 additions) and re-compiled the nVidia (6111) driver and installed the latest CK IVTV cut of the driver.   I even tried a few older version of the CK IVTV driver (which I knew worked) and it had the same result.
>
> I rebooted under 2.6.7 and things worked again.
>
> I'm not dying to go to 2.6.8.1 - so I can wait - but I was wondering if anyone else has seen this?
>
> details:
> - latest CVS mythtv build
> - 6111 nVidia drivers for FX-5500
> - P4 2.6 HT
> - Gentoo
>
> -John

I upgraded from 2.6.7 to 2.6.8.1 last week without any problem of this
kind. I also use a Gentoo distro and the latest CVS mythtv build.
However, I am using the TV-out from the PVR-350 instead of a graphics
card with tv-out like the FX-5500. And I am using ivtv ck105.

Have you check if your kernel configuration is the same in both cases?