[mythtv-users] Remote Control: consistent way to load EPG?

Donavan Stanley GeckoFiend at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 09:43:24 EDT 2004

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 19:40:32 -0500 (CDT), Nate Carlson
<natecars at natecarlson.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on getting all the kinks with my remote (XP MCE Remote) worked
> out with MythTV. Got it mostly the way I want it, except for the EPG.
>
> My remote has a 'Guide' button, which I would like to load the program
> guide from wherever I am, and let me start a show. If I set up a JumpPoint
> for the 'Guide' button to launch 'Program Guide', it'll load it from
> wherever I happen to be, but if I then hit Enter/Select, it loads up the
> recording options for that show. I'd like it to start watching the program
> instead.
>
> I've tried changing the 'ChanUpdate' option to 'Enter' instead of 'X', but
> that doesn't seem to work - I'm assuming the global definition for Enter
> (which runs 'Select') overrides this. Does anyone know of a reasonable way
> to make this work?

There is a checkbox in the guide settings that you need to turn on to
enable this behavior.  It says somethign to the effect of "enter
changes channel".  With this on pressing enter will change the
cchannel while using the EPG in live TV mode.  However in the
non-liveTV mode it will still schedule a recording.

You might want to map your "guide" button to the "SHOWGUIDE"
(keyboard: S) command for Live-TV instead.