[mythtv-users] LIRC make help

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Sep 5 15:27:31 EDT 2004

On 09/05/2004 02:24 PM, Ryan Steffes wrote:

>On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 11:50:46 -0400, Michael T. Dean
><mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>

>>On 09/05/2004 11:21 AM, Ryan Steffes wrote:
>>
>>>cd . && /bin/sh /root/lirc/missing --run aclocal-1.8
>>>cd . && /bin/sh /root/lirc/missing --run automake-1.8 --gnu cd . &&
>>>
>>You don't have automake 1.8.  You have two options.  If you have
>>automake 1.9, make a symlink named automake-1.8 referring to automake
>>1.9, or (the preferred approach) install automake 1.8.
>>
>>I've done it both ways.  Generally using a link to a newer version
>>works, although you'll probably get all sorts of ugly warnings.
>>However, if you do this and have problems with LIRC, make sure you
>>install automake 1.8 and recompile LIRC to rule out the differences.
>>
>>Mike
>>

>I installed automake 1.8 from rpm before trying to build because it
>complained about needing higher than 1.5 (I had 1.4 installed).  I'm
>wondering if something got messed up in the uninstalling and
>reinstalling but heck if I know how to fix it.
>
>$> rpm -qa|grep automake
>automake1.8-1.8.2-1mdk

You might be missing the links.

To ensure you actually have automake 1.8, run:
automake --version

If you don't get 1.8, you probably have two versions installed (the 1.4
from before and the 1.8 you just installed) in different locations.
You'll have to get rid of the 1.4 stuff.

If you do get 1.8, try just creating a soft link called automake-1.8
referring to the copy of automake you have installed and one called
aclocal-1.8 referring to the copy of aclocal you have installed.

HTH.

Mike