[mythtv-users] LIRC make help

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 14:24:44 EDT 2004

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 11:50:46 -0400, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 09/05/2004 11:21 AM, Ryan Steffes wrote:
>
> >cd . && /bin/sh /root/lirc/missing --run aclocal-1.8
> >cd . && /bin/sh /root/lirc/missing --run automake-1.8 --gnu cd . &&
> >

> You don't have automake 1.8.  You have two options.  If you have
> automake 1.9, make a symlink named automake-1.8 referring to automake
> 1.9, or (the preferred approach) install automake 1.8.
>
> I've done it both ways.  Generally using a link to a newer version
> works, although you'll probably get all sorts of ugly warnings.
> However, if you do this and have problems with LIRC, make sure you
> install automake 1.8 and recompile LIRC to rule out the differences.
>
> Mike

I installed automake 1.8 from rpm before trying to build because it
complained about needing higher than 1.5 (I had 1.4 installed).  I'm
wondering if something got messed up in the uninstalling and
reinstalling but heck if I know how to fix it.

$> rpm -qa|grep automake
automake1.8-1.8.2-1mdk