[mythtv-users] Ripping DVD's in a Mythvideo-compatible way?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sat Sep 4 20:58:50 EDT 2004

On Friday 03 September 2004 14:50, Nate Carlson wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > I make heavy use of this:
> >
> > http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/
> >
> > Even has facilities to cluster your machines to speed the transcode
> > process.
>
> Nifty! I'll give that a try.
>
> How do I get the IMBD info to work with Mythvideo? Is that automatic, or
> do I need to name the file in a certain way or something? (That's really
> the info I haven't been able to find.)

All the IMDB stuff is stored in Myth's database. It isn't grabbed
automatically, you have to say "look up this movie" in the video manager UI.
The lookup is based on the file name (minus anything inside "( )" and stuff
after a ".", see examples below), so yeah, name the files exactly as they
ought to be on IMDB and they should be found. I have a few that required
manual intervention, but most of the info for my movies was found no problem.

Examples-

File: Old School.avi
Search string: Old School

File: Van Wilder (disc 1).avi
Search string: Van Wilder

File: Analyze_That.avi
Search string: Analyze That

(not positive on the last one, all mine have actual spaces now...)

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...