[mythtv-users] TV is cutting of edges.

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sat Sep 4 18:09:56 EDT 2004

On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 11:07:21PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 02:01:16PM -0600, Matt Fairbourn wrote:
> > I just set up my mythtv, and everything is working wonderfully except my
> > screen size it too big for my TV. All four sides are cut of by my TV. It
> > is not a major problem when watching tv, but it makes the setup screens
> > difficult because important things are cut off. Any Ideas?
>
> (Read the mailing list archives?)
>
> If you are using TV out, it sounds like you need to alter your overscan.
> For nvidia cards there's an official nvidia program called
> nvidia-settings which will allow you to change it on the fly.

I'll clarify Matt's problem, because I have it too.

The desired outcome, as far as I can see, would be to be *able* to set
your video-card to slightly overscan your TV, *without* making the
non-live-video portions of the UI *either* be inside a window or spread
to the edges of the monitor -- that is, we need some (preferably
configurable) inside padding on the Myth root window around the UI
controls.

This question belongs on -dev, but just how difficult would that be?

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi