[mythtv-users] Looking for your experience

Maarten mythtv at ultratux.org
Fri Sep 3 17:21:32 EDT 2004

On Friday 03 September 2004 22:48, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> Hmmm what about Antec's Aria? I like the cube cases, and it'd fit in
> well next to the GameCube..... any opinions on that... I like the
> Overture too, though it may be a bit large... and I can always replace
> the fan with something quieter...

I use the Antec 370BQE which is -by my standards- real quiet. But not
absolutely quiet.  For the pundits, there's always the -hugely expensive-
watercooling solutions who are near (or even totally) silent.

For my part, if the case including CPU and PSU makes less noise than the
harddisk, I judge it quiet enough. Especially if -in my case- my beamer /
projector makes more noise than the whole mythbox.  Silence is only relative
you know.  In the sahara desert, a watercooled system makes a HECK of a lot
of noise.  Meanwhile, in the subway I can't even hear my MP3 walkman...

--
Linux: Because rebooting is for adding hardware.