[mythtv-users] Total record time fluctuates

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Sep 3 13:07:05 EDT 2004

> That's (IMO) the correct problem.
> If mysqlrepair doesn't work then have a look at using mythcommflag (see
> docs + archives)
>
> Notice that a recent comment either here or on -dev said that the CVS
> version of mythcommflag just repairs the seektable/GOPs (which causes
> the fluctuating time problem) and runs *much* faster (many, many seconds
> per show rather than many tens of minutes).

This original problem that started this thread has been solved already,
but I wanted to post a reply to this for the archives in case anyone
found this via searching.

The new option that was added to mythcommflag is called --rebuild and
allows the user to rebuild the seektable in the database.  I added it
to allow people to rebuild the seektable without having to go through
the whole (long) process of running commercial flagging.

--

Chris