[mythtv-users] Using available tuner problem

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Fri Sep 3 07:49:35 EDT 2004

I now have two working tuners, a 350 and 250. How is Myth suppose to
handle the tuners when a recording is starting? Is it supposed to use
the available tuner?

Right now if I'm watching LiveTV and a recording starts I get one of a
few symptoms. First, I've had the channel change, apparently switching
LiveTV to the other tuner. Second, I've had the frontend seemingly lock
up. Third, the backend has gone down. In the first two instances the
recording continues without a problem.

I'm running RH9, Myth 0.15.1 from apt, and ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck99e.

Also, when I go to PIP it gets very choppy. Is there anything that can
be done about that? I think I have enough hardware to handle but maybe
not: Athlon XP 1400+ with a gig of RAM.

Thanks,
James