[mythtv-users] Re:Particularly weird PVR350 X Output problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 2 18:43:29 EDT 2004

On 09/02/2004 06:12 PM, Mario L wrote:

>Thanks alot, as of right now a new board isn't exactly feasible, this
>one is mounted down to a plywood case, and it is more trouble than it
>is worth to take it out and try and get a new board, but I'll head on
>over to the ivtv-devel list and see what they can do over there to
>give some help for now.

One more option that might work for you is to use the PVR-350 as a
PVR-250.  That's what I'm currently doing (not for stability, but for
OpenGL/X Video support).  If you can plug in a video card with good
video out (i.e. GF4MX440 or something) and use it instead of the
PVR-350's TV out, you'll probably have a pretty stable system.

I got my Via to the point where I could record anything I wanted--and it
was stable recording--I just couldn't watch anything.  The Via board I
have doesn't have an AGP slot, and I didn't want to waste money on a PCI
video card, so I never got to try it with the other video card until I
switched motherboards.

Mike