[mythtv-users] Re: SOLICITATION: Record/Transcode Parameters Wanted

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Sep 2 16:30:36 EDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 02:05:15PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Thursday 02 September 2004 01:42 pm, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> > >
> > > Funny, people said the exact the same thing about 'if there was a
> > > bugzilla'.
> >
> > Well, I'm Bugzilla *Guy*, and you're not, entirely, at the stage where
> > I would post stuff there yet; the problem is as likely to be the user
> > as the code, at this stage, which isn't the best circumstance for BZ.
>
> There've been a number of relatively trivial bugs posted (and fixed).  Before
> I had the bugzilla setup, people were _insisting_ that if the project had a
> bugzilla, then they could go through the list of bugs to find something to
> work on.  Never happened.

Hmmm.

Well, *we're* flacking it.  :-)

This sort of infrastructural stuff is what I live for (not really being
a coder, and given the dearth of seats for designer/analysts amongst
open source projects :-); I'm going to be taking a serious swing at
trying to get it all marching in at least the right general direction,
if not in step.

Once I've got something to show you on that front, I will.

I gather in the past you've been reticent to link the Wiki from
mythtv.org; was there a specific thing you weren't happy about?
If we can fix it, would you?

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi