[mythtv-users] Fedora Core 2 Apt Repo and AtRPMs

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Sep 1 19:24:35 EDT 2004

Jason Lee wrote:

> The HD in my myth box recently died, so, in the process of rebuilding
> it, I installed FC2 (I would have put FC1 on it, but I didn't have the
> media or files handy).  Once the box was up, I installed the
> atrpms-package-config RPM and issued update and dist-upgrade commands. I
> was not able to find, however, any AT kernels or ivtv drivers in the
> repos from the config package.  Am I looking in the wrong place or do
> these not exist?  I've found a non-Jarod FC2 How-To, but that's a purely
> from the source install, and I'd rather use RPMs if I can.  Thanks for
> you help. :)

FC2 is *still* a somewhat shaky platform for a myth box because of the
constantly changing kernel... But both my Myth boxes are running on FC2
now. Kernels and ivtv drivers are on ATrpms, they just aren't in the
stable repo, which is the one enabled by default. You have to enable
at-bleeding for the ivtv drivers and at-testing for the kernel (bleeding
encompasses testing, so you don't need entries for both).

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...