[mythtv-users] Oddity in logs

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 17:22:41 EDT 2004

I've been poring over the logs (for some reason I changed the
mythbackend.log to record in ~/backend/mythbackend.log, along with the .pid
- any idea how I change it back?) and have noticed hundreds of lines like so:

	2004-09-01 22:11:26 Transcoding
/home/mythtv/tvstore/5000_20040702231300_20040703011000.nuv aborted because
of cutlist update

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? Automatic transcoding is
not enabled, it just looks like it was a manual transcode that failed, and
the backend keeps trying to re-init it. If this is the case, how do I stop it?

This was grabbed from the archives here
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2003-September/016150.html but I
too am unsure if this is the right method.

	FYI, deleting records of type=-1 from recordedmarkup seems to fix the
problem ... I'm not quite sure if it is correct but meh, it worked.